AUNT LISA'S COLUMN (MAIL BOX)

Dear Aunt Lisa,

My name is Dakara Philip and i will be sixteen years this September. I reside in Lagos with my mum and younger sister.

The issue is that i miss my father. The last time we interacted was about three years ago, when the divorce case was finalized. Daddy was my everything and i wish they never got to part ways.

My mummy made us cut all ties with my father, as we are not allowed to visit or call him. I use to love my mum to a fault, but now i see her as being selfish and wicked. What sin could be so grave that she will make the court to stop a man from seeing his own kids?

Yes, he tried to kill her, but it was out of rage and frustration as she constantly nagged from morning till night and used all manner of insulting words on him daily.

Please advise me ma'am. I dont know what to do. He was restrained from interacting with us since he put us in harm's way. All these happened in the UK, before we came back to Lagos.

I will be waiting for commentaries and responses.

regards,




Comments

  1. Hmmm, Hello Dakara. It was hard to read through your story,i am so sorry. Violence never births anything good hence i understand the stance of the court. If something happened to your mom that was fatal, it would be something else more severe that we would be trying to to address. Give your mom a chance and try and understand her decision. As for your dad until you are sure there are changes in his character which takes time to develop, try and stay away for now, so there are no more crisis on your hands. Take care for now, things would get better. Stay Positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dakara, I wont say i dont know how you feel but you must try and understand your mum's feeling, you said it that he almost killed her, what if he does? Have you taken your time to ask her where it went wrong? She once loved him, then wat went wrong? Growing without a dad is heart breaking but you need to have an open mind to this issue, I grew up without my dad but that did not detach me from my goals.
    Feel good, be the champion of the house, create more time for mum and let her pour her heart to you. Most especially, commit it all to God, He has the final answer to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dakara, i understand why its easy to blame your mum at this moment but with time when you are much older, you will get to realise that you are better off being away from your dad for now. Time they say heals all wounds. Keep praying and hoping for God to heal your parents hearts. You just have to trust your mum and give her all the support she needs. You will be fine eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dakara, I'd like to believe your mum acted in your best interest given the circumstances then.
    However, I think you might have an option to see your dad when you're above 18 years of age, as you would be considered as an adult who can make or take decisions for yourself.
    Until this happens, I'll suggest you try and maintain status quo even though it looks difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dakara, i understand how you feel and am so sorry about your situation. I won't like you to see any of your parent as a bad person.
    But truth be told, no matter what your mom could have done wrong, your dad shouldn't have taken an attempt of killing her in the first place.
    And also to your mom, nagging and using an abusive words is a very bad habit which your mom shouldn't have done with your dad most especially in the presence of you children. I'm not here to judge any of them but just to tell you to be strong and have it at the back of your mind that a time will come when you will be able to make your own decision.
    I will like you to remain calm and just keep praying and hoping for God to touch there heart.
    I wish you all the best Dakara.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment