AUNT LISA'S COLUMN (MAIL BOX)

 Dear Aunt Lisa,

It is a great privilege to mail you and read your articles.

I am an ardent fan of your blog and i sincerely wish you will update your stories and articles more often.

My name is Omotola and i currently reside in Ibadan with my family. We are eight children in number, and i am the fifth child.

The issue is with my eldest Sister Funmilayo, who is almost fourty years of age but remains unmarried.

Aunty Funmi is a wonderful person, full of energy and hardworking. She works in a bank and caters for the rest of us. Over the years, she has had to sacrifice a lot and i am hundred percent sure that the reason for her being unmarried is because of the rest of us, who she has had to train from primary level to university.

You see, two of my brothers and one of my sisters are happily married with lovely kids and my mother; who should be the most understanding person will not stop at any opportunity to make Aunty Funmi's life miserable.

Our house rent is being paid by aunty Funmi, including the feeding, clothing and school fees. She has no life of her own as everything she does revolves around us. Even the married siblings rely on her now and then for their daily upkeep.

Many years ago, aunty Funmi was always happy and so many men wanted to date her as she also looked young and pretty. However, they always left after visiting the house and meeting my mother who was always quick to talk about marriage and make demands without talking to my sister first.

I have seen my sister weep silently at night and i know she is very miserable but would cover all these in heavy make up as she leaves for work daily.

I honestly need the advice of readers. My sister needs help fast. I feel she is depressed and sad. Would it be right for her to turn her back on her family and move on?

Thank you everyone.



Hmm... this really got to me. A sacrificial lamb indeed. Most ladies have destroyed their lives because of families, their spouse or even friends. For me, i would say that she should face her life immediately and forge ahead. These same people will forget the good in a hurry and point fingers to mock her should her life end up without a purpose or fulfillment. I do not envy her position at all.

Comments

  1. Wow!!!! This is indeed a very sad situation for your big sis. Do you know that you can help ease her stress by being there for her?Encourage her and try to always make her smile. Also dont stop praying for her, because God always answeres the prayers of a child

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is very sad one, my dear pray for her and always talk to her to make feel happy .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment